The Merrimack Valley Prospects are serious about protecting the arms of our young players. For that reason we have adopted the same rules used by Little Leage International regarding the
amount of pitching and rest. In addition, the Prospects coaches will be working with coaches from local recreation leagues and schools to coordinate pitch counts. If a player plays for
other teams and the Prospects, they will have one pitch count and rest schedule. We know of no other travel baseball program in the area that will do this type of coordination between
Multi League Rules
- As outlined in the Prospects team handbook, we ask players to make the Prospects their priority, including pitching. Parents are to check with
Prospects coach before the player is allowed to pitch a game in other leagues, although school teams take top priority.
- If a player plays in another league besides the Prospects, it is the parents responsibility to inform the
Prospects coach of their pitch count. The Prospects should be given pitching priority over other leagues unless it's a school team.
Max Pitches Per Day
- Age 13-15 100 pitches per day
- Age 11 -12 85 pitches per day
- Age 9-10 75 pitches per day
- Age 7-8 50 pitches per
- Pitches 66 or more – four days rest
- Pitches 51 - 65 - three days of rest
- Pitches 36 - 50 - two days of rest
- Pitches 21 - 35 - one day of rest
- Pitches 1-20 - no day of rest is required
- A player may not pitch in more than one game in a day.